In most cases, it is in your best interests to hire a matrimonial solicitor, even if this is only for some initial advice. There are a number of reasons for this:
- It is unlikely, unless you are a solicitor yourself, that you know the Law well enough to be able to represent yourself in court in a way that will give you the best chance of a good outcome.
- Documents prepared will need to be given to a judge. This information should be checked thoroughly by a solicitor before it is handed over as any false or incorrect information could result in your documents being rejected or an agreement being overturned at a later date.
- Solicitors will be able to give you guidance and options that you may not have considered.
- Your emotions may make it difficult for you to think clearly when it comes to making decisions. Solicitors will give a point a view that is objective and will help you to resolve issues efficiently.
- Matrimonial solicitors are there to provide the best outcome for you and your children, aiming to protect your future.