Who am I?
Head of the Dispute Resolution Department and a partner at Coole Bevis LLP, based in our Hove office.
What I do
I specialise in:
Property Disputes, including:
- Recovery of possession
- Ground rent, service charge and administration charge recovery
- Applications to the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber), the County Court, the Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber) and the Court of Appeal
- Interpretation of leases
- Breaches of covenants by both landlords and tenants (including disrepair, unauthorised alterations, noise nuisance, sub-letting etc.)
- Licences for alterations
- Block management and long leasehold property disputes
- Property management and related issues
- Forfeiture of leases
I act for both landlords, tenants and managing agents
Wills, probate and inheritance disputes, including:
- Contesting a Will
- Claims for reasonable financial provision from an estate (Inheritance (Provisions for Family and Dependants) Act 1975)) claims
- Construction and interpretation of Wills
I act for all parties - executors, administrators, beneficiaries, family members, dependants, attorneys and court appointed deputies.
I studied law at Warwick University and obtained a distinction on the Legal Practice Course. I completed my training contract with Woolley Bevis Diplock (following merger, Coole Bevis) and qualified as a solicitor in April 2010. I was made a partner of the firm in September 2015 and was appointed head of the Dispute Resolution Department in August 2019. I have worked for the firm for over 12 years.
My hobbies and interests
I am a keen foodie and wine drinker. I have been told that the more wine you drink the better you become as a taster!
I am a proud trustee of the Rockinghorse charity.