Who am I?
What I do
My areas of expertise include:
- Both collective enfranchisement and lease extension claims under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 (LRHUDA 1993)
- Enfranchisement claims under the Leasehold Reform Act 1967 (LRA 1967)
- Right to manage claims under the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002 (CLRA 2002)
- Rights of first refusal under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 (LTA 1987)
- Recovery of ground rent, service charge and administration charge
- Breaches of covenant and forfeiture of leases , recovery of legal costs)
- Variation of leases and applications to appoint a manager under the LTA 1987
- General property management advice relating to leasehold flats (e.g. construction of lease terms, statutory consultation, recovery of legal costs)
I studied Law at UWE and qualified as a solicitor in 1992.
Having initially gained experience as an insolvency litigation solicitor, I have been specialising in leasehold enfranchisement and leasehold disputes since 1996. My clients range from landlords with large property portfolios across England and Wales, to right to manage companies, tenant (leaseholder)-owned freehold and management companies and individual tenants (leaseholders).
I have good relationships with surveyors, both building and valuation, managing agents and Counsel.
I have successfully represented clients in the County Court, Court of Appeal, First-tier Tribunal Property Chamber and Upper Tribunal Property Chamber.
Notable cases include Marine Court (St Leonards on Sea) Freeholders Ltd v Rother District Investments Ltd  1 EGLR 39 and Hastings Borough Council v Braear Developments Ltd  UKUT 145 (LC).
My hobbies and interests
Having lived in Sussex for 27 years, in 2017 I made the decision to relocate to Lincoln, and the needs and requirements of clients are met largely through remote working.
When not dealing with the myriad of issues that arise from leases of residential flats, I enjoy spending time with family and friends, studying military history and watching Lincoln City FC at Sincil Bank.