Who am I?
I am a Partner in the Private Client department. I was brought up in Edinburgh and graduated from Edinburgh University with an MA in History in 2002. I then moved to Glasgow to study Law at Strathclyde University and graduated in 2004. I returned to Edinburgh to do my Diploma in Legal Practice which I received in 2005. I was invited to do my two year traineeship at a top law firm in Edinburgh before deciding to chase the sunshine down to Brighton in 2007 where I became fully English qualified and gained excellent experience at a top law firm. Having my two wonderful children led me to take a small career break but in 2016 I decided I missed the legal world and joined Coole Bevis LLP in February 2016.
What I do
- Estate administration, including complex estates which require in depth tax knowledge
- Advising on and creating Deeds of Variation
- Advising on and creating Declarations of Trust
- Wills, including complex Will drafting
- Administration of Trusts
- Formation and Registration of Powers of Attorney
- Affairs of the elderly including acting for Attorneys in the management of financial affairs of elderly people
- Inheritance tax advice and lifetime tax planning
I am a private client solicitor and a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP). I am also dual qualified in Scottish law. I have experience in advising and representing a broad range of Clients, including high net worth clients. In particular, I am involved with the preparation of Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney and advising clients in relation to tax planning, particularly with an emphasis on Inheritance Tax. I also have particular experience in estate administration e.g. probate and intestacy, will and trust creation.
I am a Recommended Lawyer in The Legal 500 2022.
My hobbies and interests
My young family (and dog) keeps me very busy outside of work, but I am an avid gym goer. This stems from my earlier basketball history of playing for Scotland as well as playing semi-professionally in the Women’s English Division 1.